Thursday, March 26, 2015

I Love Hello Kitty Day!

Meow Meow Kitties!

           
           Have you ever thought about how holidays come about? What about even celebrating your own special day for anything or anyone specifically important to you? I am surprised there is not already a designated day for Hello Kitty enthusiasts to proclaim their love to the adorable, beloved character! Make Your Own Holiday Day is the purr-fect opportunity to appoint today as I Love Hello Kitty Day!

           How many of you can proudly claim to have a Hello Kitty shrine or museum in your homes? Maybe your Hello Kitty collection is a Sanrio in itself! My paws are definitely shamelessly raised! In the Straits Times lifestyle article, two kitty enthusiasts describe how their homes are ferociously decorated from floor-to-ceiling in Hello Kitty! Wallpapers, toilet paper, cupboards shaped in HK’s face, kitchen appliances, etc.! If you can think of it, Hello Kitty is probably on it!

            Madam Connie Sim, who lives in Katong, states she is not even a Hello Kitty fanatic, but that her friends are the true fans and she simply loves pink and white colors! However, that did not stop the 60-years young homeowner from spending $1.2 million on her Hello Kitty inspired house renovations! Friends describe Madam Sim’s home as a Hello Kitty museum, which most of us can easily relate! “Some of these I’ve never used, but I just like collecting them. I don’t ask the price, I just buy,” says Madam Sim. How many of you kitties are guilty of easily overspending on Hello Kitty merchandise?  My kitty-shopping motto, “Sorry…not sorry!”
         
           In the 2nd interview, Suyenny Lo, a 36-year old housewife, shares how she carried on her childhood love for Hello Kitty to the influence of her home décor and furnishings even under certain restrictions from her husband. As with any kitty enthusiast, Suyenny enjoys sharing her Hello Kitty home with friends and visitors. She states, "I faithfully recorded every single Hello Kitty purchase into a notebook and felt very pleased when I flipped through the pages and looked at all my purchases." Personally, I do not know if there is enough notebook pages to keep up with my forever growing HK collection! How many of you kitties can agree?!

            For those who see us as obsessed Hello Kitty lunatics wasting money on the questionable feline-like girl who apparently is not a cat, I would have to respectfully disagree like Madam Sim. According to the fellow Hello Kitty collector, Madam Sim states, "I'm not throwing money away. This is going to last me for many years, beyond the life of a million-dollar sports car." Meow it out loud, kitties! Happy I Love Hello Kitty Day to you all!


Thank you for your support! Stay tuned for next week’s kitty blog post!
For more kittylicious blog cravings, follow:

HelloKittyMe on Facebook
HelloHKMe on Instagram

Meowza =^.^=

Read the full Strait Times lifestyle article:
http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/home-garden/story/women-decorate-their-homes-thoroughly-hello-kitty-theme-20150315